KORESPONDENCA ŽIGE ZOISA
(Correspondence of ŽIGA ZOIS)
- Editor of digital edition, introduction and notes: Luka Vidmar
- Transcription: Ivan Prijatelj
- Corrections to transciption and translation: Edi Vrečko
- Digital encoding, TEI markup: Tomaž Erjavec
- Project leader: Matija Ogrin
- Publisher: Institute of Slovenian Literature and Literary Studies ZRC SAZU
- Edition 1.2, 2007-04-06
- URL: https://nl.ijs.si/e-zrc/zois/
Žiga (Sigismundus) Zois, baron of Edelstein (1747–1819),
central figure of the Slovenian enlightenment, mentor, poet, critic and translator, one of the finest
intellectuals in Slovenia at the end of the 18th and the beginning of the 19th century.
As an intellectual of wide horizons and an influential feudal lord, Zois corresponded with many important
personalities of the Europe of his time. The presentation of his correspondence begins with material from
the letters of the „Zois circle“, which is the most interesting from a cultural point of view. Most of the
25 letters currently available are from Jernej Kopitar; he wrote them to his patron in the years 1812–1813.
The edition contains the editor's introduction, transcriptions of the German text of the letters (the
Kurrent script is transliterated into Latin alphabet), translation into Slovenian and notes.
You can browse the edition on the Web or you can download it to your computer: first save the file and
decompress (unzip) it, then open index-en.html to view the edition off-line.
Along with the HTML files and (if you choose to save the complete edition) the facsimiles, you will also get
the source XML/TEI files, suitable for further processing; you find them in the folder