This page gives information on the tools used in the MULTEXT-East
The tools can be found in the
- MULTEXT tools
- Multext-East Utilities
- Free Third Party Tools
The tools of the
project have been used in the
MULTEXT-East project. The MULTEXT tools and documentation is privided
via the WWW, on the address
Below follows a list of the MT tools used in the project:
On this CD/WWW you can find the MULTEXT-East
language resources for the MtSeg and MtLex
- MtRecode - Character conversion program (to/from SGML entities)
- MtSgmlQL - SGML Query Language
- MtSeg - Text segmenter
- MtLex - Multext lexical access tools
- MtTag - Multext POS disambiguator and related utilities
These are small programs, that have been developed for various
'utility' tasks in the scope of MULTEXT-East. They are either C
programs or Unix scripts, either shell, Perl, AWK, or SED.
- mtems-* are utilities that work on or with
morphosyntactic descriptions, in particular with the LaTeX
original of the
of attribute values. For convenience the distribution
includes the LaTeX file
with just these tables.
expands MULTEXT-East morphosyntactic
descriptions and/or checks their well-formedness as per
common tables (Perl).
splits the common tables into language-specific tables (Perl).
- mtems-mode is a major mode for XEmacs that
provides commands for viewing and editing morphosyntactic descriptions
(in a tokenized text file) (Emacs lisp, needs mtems-expand).
assigns IDs to specified elements in a CES document (gawk script)
- tagcnt computes <tagusage> in a cesDoc
document (C program, also provided as two Unix shell scripts)
- wordcount computes <wordcount> in a cesDoc
document (Unix shell script)
- mtewfl-count counts Things in a MTE Word-Form Lexicon
And last, but really first:
Thanks to the people that made the software listed
here available and to the organisations that supported them.
Last updated 2002-10-28 by et